Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

Writing a Non-Chronological Novel

As per the title of this post, this is now my latest--or should I say newest?--project I'm taking on. This is an all new novel concept I'm working on, and something I have never tackled before, and admittedly it's been a difficult novel in the making. I've probably have started--and re-started, and rewritten this book several times already, which is why I finally looked up some keys to writing non-chronologically. 

Believe it or not, I discovered that for beginners--and even people who are used to writing stories this way--have actually written their book first in chronological order, print off the manuscript, actively CUT IT APART, piece it together in an order they think works for them, and then REWRITE the entire thing IN THAT ORDER! I don't know how this will work for me when I'm done, but this idea has already helped me tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment