Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

Procrastination At It's Finest

I really should be studying and reviewing my reading material from over the weekend for my WGS (woman gender studies/queer theory) Class, which happens to be in ~2 hrs. But instead I wanted to take a rather undeserved break and write on my blog instead.

With that, I think it's time for an update on my life.

I'm thinking it's about time I publish my 1st teaser chapter from my new version of "Changing Kathryn" for people to review. Free editing, baby! And also early critiques so I know if I'm going anywhere successful with this new version. It'd be good for me and my book, I believe. One would think I'd be nervous (especially considering all the rewriting I've had to do, and that's the last thing someone would expect I want - and it is, believe me), but I have held on steady and fast to this damn book and I'm ready for it to start getting some sunlight (or rather screen light I should say - sorry for the lame puns, by the way. It's been a long few weeks.)

How I'm going to go about making this happen:

1. This is my announcement to you, dear blog readers, that this is going to be a thing.
2. I'm posting an announcement on my facebook page that this will be happening
3. That's about the extent of my announcements so there is really no number three
4. Scratch the above. Word of mouth.

That's it.

I should also start on getting my book cover finalized too...but I suppose that can be a continued work in progress considering I'm only now entering chapter 2. That one's probably going to need even more work than the first. But then maybe not. I'll roll with it until I post it. Depending on the feedback, it may not need any work at all.

Now onto school, I suppose.

I'm in sort of a surreal mode of life, currently. I'm doing quite decently, but that's being modest I suppose. Decent for my standards, might be more accurate. And my social life is at an all time high. Granted balancing all this is proving to be quite the interesting struggle as this has never been something I have had to juggle before. Not in the realm of college, I should add. And I've been doing this whole "college-thing" for four-going-on-five years now. Now I'm grateful that I'm "stuck" here. Stuck being cynical of course. I have never been happier anywhere else. Thank you Eugene! Thank you UO. And to think this all happened when I went to a single meetup. Funny how life may steer you in a direction you might never have otherwise thought twice about.

Currently I'm only majoring in English. I dropped my Creative Writing minor for now as I did not want to have to repeat poetry, not to mention I didn't have the best poetry professor either. But then maybe that's because I was already taking 17 credits and felt as if I was drowning already...that certainly never helps any. Still, with all the writing/work writing experience I have under my belt, I'm thinking I may be able to find a loophole around the system and get the CW minor without having to take the prerec, in which case I'd be able to jump right into their fiction writing classes, which is what I really want! (Obviously.)

Well, I think that's it for now. Correction: that should be it for now. I really do need to go back to reviewing my WGS readings considering we may (which means we more than most-likely will) have a test today - in one hour too, I might add.

And with that, dear readers, I'll catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment