Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

Application for KIDD Tutorial: Getting Honest


“I created the OASIS because I never felt at home in the real world” ― Ernest Cline, Ready Player One (p.79). I think this is my favorite quote I have come across as this is why I write. I have felt misplaced, fear, rejection, pain…reading and writing are the ways in which I escape my real world; they are my OASIS. I want to read something that transports me to a different time, or perhaps to a different world altogether. I want to dwell into the lives other people live and see that perhaps that my own life could always be worse, or on the flip side: I can strive to achieve something better. I want to write to bring this same sense to the world with my own writing; to help people identify with a fictional character that can bring them out of their own potential misery and into a world where they can fix something, cure someone, and where there are no limits as the ones we have set for us in the real world.

Whenever someone has asked me what I want to be, my first response is “to be an editor”. Following that, I tell people I am also striving to become a published author. Currently I do not feel I have the complete list of necessary skills to achieve either of my goals, but I want to have the confidence to be able to confidently pursue both of my dreams without a doubt in my mind that I can do either one successfully; this is what I hope to gain by entering the Kidd Tutorial. I want to know what it means to be an editor, what it means to be a writer, and to know how to separate these from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment