Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

My Go-To Book

Happy February! To start off the month, I'm going to recommend my absolutely favorite go-to book for writing.

I can't believe I've never posted about this, but then it wasn't until late last night I was sifting through my many boxes of books in my garage searching for inspiration, and there at the bottom of a box containing at least a baker's dozen of my favorite how-to writing books was my ultimate go-to writing book, The ABC's of Writing Fiction by Ann Copeland. It's been years since I've cracked open this book due to the fact I haven't wanted to sift through all those intimidating unpacked boxes in my garage since I've since moved to Eugene, but wow am I glad I did! How I had forgotten how useful it is, in both inspiration and information. New ideas and new ways of writing have since been flooding my head and flowing onto the pages of my latest novel-in-progress. Then it hit me; I needed to share this book on my blog as I think everyone would benefit from it, even already published authors. I honestly have no idea how Copeland does it, but somehow in just a few short paragraphs she teaches you not just how to write, but how to write better. It's always fun to fall in love with a book, but when it's a book that's geared towards not just learning but improvement—personally, that's the best kind of book there is. 📖💖🤗

You can find out more in my helpful links tab "My Go-To Writing Book"

No comments:

Post a Comment