Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

AU RWBY Project Update: The Final Chapters

 Just popping in with a quick update on RWBY Volume 10: Between Two Worlds because I realized it's been nearly 3 weeks since I've posted anything. Which isn't too long, but considering I've been trying before to post in a 6-9 day deadline, which I've been mostly meeting until recently...yeah, it's been a while*.

*Although you wouldn't really know it given the original publishing date gets changed every time I update a previously published draft 🤪🫣🙄

In short, releasing the final chapters has run into a pretty severe delay, and with my energy levels running on empty, I don’t quite have the brainpower or spoons to run to draft a whole new statement from scratch. Instead, I’m cross-posting the note I shared directly on the series' main site, which explains where things stand and what to expect next far better than I could try to rephrase right now:


A Quick Update Before the Finale

Hello, everyone!

First and foremost: I promise I have not vanished into the void.

Volume 10's final chapter (#22) is still and currently actively being worked on, along with a short aftermath chapter that will be released alongside it to help bridge the gap into the next installment of the series, RWBY Volume 10.5: The Clock Ticks On.

I know it's taking me much longer than expected to get these last two chapters finished, and I want to be transparent about why.

The short version is: life has been life-ing.

The slightly longer version is that I've been dealing with a flare-up of my ongoing health issues, including brain fog, chronic fatigue, and other assorted "fun" complications that have a frustrating habit of turning simple tasks into all-day events. At the same time, I've been trying to get caught up on a mountain of real-life responsibilities that piled up while my health has chosen to just not cooperate. These last few days, I've been spending my limited energy doing something as mundane as sweeping the floor, taking out the trash, or catching up on housework, and by the time I'm done, my creative battery is completely drained.

As the great philosopher Jaime French likes to quote from that one random hairdresser:

"It's a lot, Robin." (IYKYK)

And honestly? It really is.

On the writing side of things, I'm also taking extra care with these final chapters because they don't just end Volume 10. They set the stage for everything that comes next. I've been combing through notes, checking continuity, patching plot holes, making sure character arcs land where they should, and laying the foundation for Volume 10.5 and beyond. I want the ending to feel earned, satisfying, and worth the wait.

The good news is that the finish line is in sight!

The coming Chapter 22 will see Volume 10 to its conclusion, and the accompanying "aftermath" chapter (prologue! that's the word! I totally blanked on that for a second!) will serve as a launch point for the next phase of the AU which will bring answers, consequences, questions, and a whole new array of challenges. And, of course, the clock is still ticking...!

Thank you all for your patience, your support, and your willingness to stick with this story even when updates take longer than I'd like. It means more than you probably realize.

I'm looking forward to sharing the end of this volume with all of you very soon.

See you at the finale.

-Dylan K. Regan (@ReganInk)

Coming Soon: 

▪️Chapter 22 & The Aftermath (The End of Volume 10)

▪️RWBY AU Volume 10.5: The Clock Ticks On


No comments:

Post a Comment