Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

Writers and Editors Meetup - Coming Soon

I am currently in the works of creating a Writing and Editing meetup which will meet both in person and online. The online site has been up and running for sometime, despite the fact it hasn't been used despite the occasional post from when I first got it running to be sure it worked. However, it won't be in active use until after the New Year of 2019.

From: Pen Guardians, The official Meetup Site—
Welcome to our “Pen Guardians Writers & Editors Meetup” site! I am Sabrina S.K. Regan, manager, coordinator, and meetup creator. I don’t know much about the general Eugene Meetups site, but I am familiar with group spaces. This will function as the online site; it has been up and running for some time, despite the fact it hasn't been used despite the occasional post from when I first got it running to be sure it worked. Don't hesitate to have a look around and get familiar with our online site. For everyone's privacy, this online site is only visible to meetup members, which is why, following our first in-person meeting, I should have added you to our site. If it seems you are not an active member here, please click the "Join Now" button on the right hand side of this page to become a member.

Interested in joining? While the in-person meeting location has yet to be determined, you can still become a member of the online group (no charge) at groupspaces.com/PenGuardians/ (the link is also in my Favorites Link list). You will still be offered writing support, you can sell your own books, get instant feedback from other writers and editors alike, etc.

If you can't join in person, however, I do request the following submission form for formality purposes. Because this is a closed group, I'd like to know what it is you plan to bring to the table, and what you wish to get out of this group (something the in-person meeting will cover, hence the reason for this submission):

Name:
Age:
Are you a Writer, Editor, or both?
Do you have your own business? (this is only important to share if you wish to network with people)
What skills do you hope to bring to this meetup?
Things you'd like out of this group?
Is there a fun-fact about yourself you'd like to share?

An example response: I'm Sabrina, creator and manager of this meetup, and I have my own freelance editing business, Oaktree Editing Services. My goals are to get something [else] published, to become a well-established editor, and to hopefully get a magazine startup. I've been considering using this meetup eventually as a platform to get this dream underway. Fun fact about me: I've been writing since before I could write letters or even numbers -- just squiggles on a page. 

Please, don't hesitate to join!
We'll be "live" January 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment