Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

Happy 3rd Blogiversary!

For those who don't know me and/or are not familiar with me, I started this blog four years ago as an adventure blog of sorts. It was originally titled "The Secret Writer", it's main purpose dedicated to the documentation my journey through the writing craft until I became published; it was a place I could use to track my progress in both the writing craft and in life, and maybe help others who are struggling with any personal conflicts--whether related to "The Craft" or something within their own life--find peace with those struggles. 

I really hoped this blog would bring people, writers, together to help one another, but while I certainly don't have the readers yet--minus a select few who have commented on my blog (thanks guys!)--to bring together that community, blogging has been an amazing experience for me. I get to see how far I've come, learning from not only past mistakes but from the things that have worked for me as well. It has also helped me succeed as both a writer and editor as I've written articles, published short stories, started a business, and it's helped me be open about my own health struggles. And as I hoped, I went from being "The Secret Writer" to an author, even if not in the form of a novelist (yet). Needless to say this isn't just a blog to me--it's a documentation of the last four years of my life. It's a story about failure, success, bravery, and overcoming obstacles no matter what their form or cause. And I'm still going. I'm on a path of self-creation and self-discovery, the cause of which has come from working on writing my new novel Edgewater (merely a title placeholder for now). 

 I'm also still searching for an editor for my Shattered Lives novel while simultaneously working on its sequel (which has been put on hold until I'm certain no plot changes need to be made to its successor). But while I still have a long journey ahead with the writing craft and its entirety, I love what I have accomplished through this blog and because of it 💗 

Here's to many more blogging years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment