Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

New Chapters Are The WORST!

Granted this isn't always true, but I often have the hardest time between ending one chapter and starting the next. Eventually I find my flow and soon I'm back in the creative zone, but getting started on that next step in a book is generally where I find myself feeling stuck. As I am experiencing now. I just finished writing one chapter in my Edgewater novel (the title of which is still a placeholder until I make my final decision) and now I'm not sure how to continue. The novel jumps around in time, and I just finished going back over a decade prior to the story's "main time" (the time in which the majority of the story takes place) and now I wonder if I should stay in the past and keep the story moving forward from there, or if I should move back to the present (a.k.a. "main time") and recenter the reader from there. However, if I do that I fear there is a lot more to be answered for than that which has already been explained, though maybe that's for the best considering the novel is about the main character "Brie" finding herself through the uncoordinated series of events amidst a web of secrets and mysteries.

Well it is certainly a dilemma, one I will have to sit with for now considering I am seriously hungry and want to get a quick bite. Maybe drink a little wine. Watch a show. Get my head out of this. I'm just glad for now that I have the brain capacity to write at all, considering my meds have still had me in a horrible tail spin after all this time, which gets worse with every dose (which will be tonight). But maybe I'll be able to get my head off my writing dilemma, freeing me up for my creative streak later.

💗


No comments:

Post a Comment