Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

I Did A Thing: A Potentially Temporary Change

Just trying something out for size here, I went ahead and changed my profile name (for this blog only)!

Why? I posted awhile ago about the potential of changing my name to Sabrina due to a variety of reasons, and after getting some rather positive feedback from friends and readers alike I've finally decided wanted to try it out for size--see how it felt in regards to implementing this change as my pen name and/or legal name on a large scale. I'm serious in making this change eventually, assuming I like the way it sticks. And right now, I LOVE it! I love the way it looks (especially next to my updated photo).

How? I wrote in my article The Intimidating Truth - What It Means To Be Both an Editor and a Writer about how "Blogger and most other blogging sites, you can attach multiple blogs to one email, the profile of which will be shared across each blog". But I don't want to change my business-associated name yet, not until I'm certain of implementing this new change. But I fortunately had a quick fix for this. See, awhile back I had to create a separate business email for my oaktree editing services after my email (the one attached to this blog, a.k.a. my blogging email) got spammed with junk mail. Wanting a clean new start, I created an email account ONLY for business dealings. Up until now, aside from listing it as my contact email, I haven't attached that email to my Oaktree Editing site considering I didn't want to muddy the waters as it is a pain for me to jump from site to site when there are different email address associated to different blogs (via Blogger). Any of you who have a Blogger account know what I'm talking about!

The problem: For anyone finding themselves in the same or similar boat, I should tell you this change does not come without it's problems. I do have to sign out of one account to sign into the other. However, while this may prove to be slightly inconvenient for me currently, I'm still happy with this change and I don't think I'll be reverting back anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment