Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

Questioning the Manuscript

This is a writer's natural conflict, granted I'm still terrified I have to redo the final portion of the manuscript again. As good as I believe it already is, the final outcome isn't going anywhere I really wanted it to. In the beginning my main character is a social advocate, a phenomenon that fades as the manuscript goes on, which is not what I want as this aspect of hers is far too important to me to lose that in her. Alas she's also got a fighter's spirit and that also doesn't remain strong throughout, and inconsistencies like that do NOT make for good stories as they flatten the character and don't make them believable. I also wanted to focus on the mystery of her bloodlines, as well as her purpose in life. Currently both of these don't get focused on until the 2nd book but I want to push up the 'deadline' on these (don't think that's the word I'm looking for but it's the one I'm using for now). The second book is going to be based mostly around the aftermath of Kathryn finding out the truth behind everything she's learned from the 1st, and how she has grown from it or how it affects her otherwise.

It's going to take more constructing and reconstructing, but I'll get there. Slowly but surely, one word at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment