Celebrate Nature (ad)

Celebrate Nature (ad)
(ad)

Quote of the Month

Quote of the Month
March 2024

Requesting All Readers:

How would you like to help an (unpublished) author by editing an book? Or at least a scene for one I should say.

Here's the background:

For my summer writing course we were asked to pick a scene and show it to the class. I picked my scene, showed it, and now I'm supposed to turn in the final draft. But it's not that simple for me considering this is much more than an average homework assignment. I chose (as we were allowed) to use a scene from my sequel to the first book I'm working on. Originally this scene was in the first novel, Changing Kathryn, but I cut it and am currently in the process of moving it to my sequel (in progress). Now I'm posting this scene to my blog, though now I ask that if you are so willing, to read it and critique it, too. No rush as this scene is due tomorrow and it is as good as I feel it will get for my final draft. But when it comes to being in my book, I want to make sure it works.

At the very least, I do request of your own free will of course, that if you would be so kind as to leave a simple comment about it on the scene's site that would be awesome. Or at the very very least, please click one of the "reaction" buttons below THIS current post (the articles/short stories I post separately do not have such buttons).

Now, here's the deal: If you're just reading this to read it, that's fine. But in the way of critiquing, if you so wish to do so but have never done this before, here are a few ideas for what to comment on:

  • Errors
  • Legibility (hard to read/understand v. easy to read/understand)
  • Likability (hated it v. loved it) 
  • Things to elaborate on 
    • Or things I should detract from
  • Things to delete
    • Or things I should add

If you have any questions, leave a comment comment, or you can email me here: sabrina1regan@gmail.com 

--- UPDATE 10/17/17 ---
This is now a closed discussion. No other edits or changes will be received. Thank you for understanding, I apologize for the inconvenience. And I have certainly appreciated all the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment